Wednesday, June 24, 2009

when good things become god things...

I am not sure what you may think of Mark Driscoll, the pastor of Mars Hill in Seattle. For those of you that know the name know that he can be a polarizing figure. Whatever you may think of him, the fact is he wants people to encounter Jesus as Lord.

This talk he gave to a group of ministry leaders forced me to do a "worship check". There are seasons of my soul where I need to periodically "check" my heart and ask God to weed out my crap. Hearing this talk led me to echo David's prayer in Psalm 139:23-24.
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 24 See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

It's entitled simply "Ministry Idolatry". Click here to link to the download page... May you be blessed by it as I have been.

No comments: